Within the UAE the latest statics show an increase of 4500 new diagnosis of cancer each year.
With each new diagnosis comes many complications within the body.
Fatigue, Neuropathy, decreased strength and function, post-surgical complications and lymphedema
Exercising during and post cancer treatment is extremely important.
Research has shown that exercising 30-40 minutes a day 5 days a week can help reduce stress, anxiety, build strength, maintain cardiovascular health and increase energy levels. The stronger the body the better the person is able to fight against cancer.
Fatigue is a huge barrier to a person’s function and confidence during and post treatment.
Research also shows that regular activity exercising daily may prevent types of cancer in the first instance such as obesity related cancer.
Diagnosis of cancer pre- treatment, during treatment and post treatment
- Post-surgical rehab
- Fatigue management
- Energy conservation techniques
- Decreased strength mobility and function
- Loss of range of motion in joints e.g.: neck, shoulder, back
- Chronic and acute pain
- Muscle spasms
- Individualized goal orientated exercise programs
- Rehabilitative classes
- Relaxation techniques / Acupuncture
- Energy conservation and function
- Acute and chronic pain treatments
- Balance rehabilitation
- Airway clearance techniques
- Breathless management
- Rebuilding confidence in function and mobility
People who maintain function and exercise during cancer treatment are shown to have better outcomes and less secondary problems related to cancer treatment. Maintaining Cardiovascular health is hugely important through exercise and daily physical activity.
Regaining confidence in mobility during and post cancer treatment can be difficult but under guidance and professional input is achievable.
Call us for any Inquiry