Individuals who have undergone joint replacement, experienced a musculoskeletal injury, sustained a trauma or have been diagnosed with a degenerative joint disease often have limited function and mobility, pain and other complications. The hospital helps patients recover the skills and develop the strategies to resume daily activities safely, with confidence and independence.
Conditions We Treat:
- Arthritis and Total joint replacements
- Back and Neck pain including Sciatica
- Hand injury/surgery
- Hip, wrist, elbow, Shoulder, pelvic and other fractures/Surgeries
- Sprain, Strains and other injuries
- Traumatic injury and Multiple trauma
- Work Injuries
A TEAM APPROACH TO TREATMENT
Led by our Rehabilitation Director, who has 20 years of versatile experience in the field of Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation, our Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation team draws on the expertise and experience of specialists –physical and occupational therapists, Rehabilitation Nurses, case managers and other clinical and support staff – to advance your recovery. We tailor treatment to your individual needs and goals, and work closely with you to:
- Restore physical function and enhance the skills needed to perform daily activities
- Build strength and endurance
- Improve balance and regain mobility
- Optimize independence
At the hospital, you will benefit not only from the care and treatment you will receive, but also from the training.
Support and encouragement you will be given. This involves:
- Preoperative training to prepare you for surgery and the recovery process
- Physician management of your medical needs, including pain and any secondary health issues, such as arthritis, high blood pressure or diabetes
- Physical therapy that targets strength, balance and conditioning, mobility and gait training, the use of assistive equipment and orthotics if prescribed
- Occupational therapy that focuses on your ability to perform daily activities such as feeding, dressing, grooming and bathing, as well as home safety and the use of assistive devices
- Rehabilitation nursing care that incorporates education on medication management, wound care and safety precautions
- Case management to coordinate all aspects of your inpatient stay, discharge planning, access to outpatient and follow-up services, as well as the availability of a range of community resources
- Family education and training to help reinforce your skills, maintain your safety and prepare you for life ahead
Throughout your rehabilitation, you will be carefully monitored and your plan of care will be adjusted to ensure that your needs are being met and you are progressing toward your goals.
Our Inpatient Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation Program includes:
- Physical and occupational therapy focused on progressive mobilization; restoration of function; improving strength, endurance and flexibility
- Interdisciplinary pain management
- Pre- and post-surgical care
- Bracing and orthotics
- Ongoing communication and consultation with referring surgeons and physicians to ensure effective treatment and continuity of care
- Education about risk factors and injury prevention
- Functional living areas to practice newly learned therapy techniques and ensure a safe discharge
Our Outpatient Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation
Our Rehabilitation team will design a treatment program which includes each and every part of Rehabilitation, centered on your goals and based on the assessment of how your impairments and functional limitations impact daily activities. Our clinicians use objective measurements to track your improvements, routinely reassessing and modifying the care plan so that you receive the most appropriate treatment to achieve your goals. Our therapists keep your primary-care or referring physician up to date on your progress, allowing for better informed decisions regarding continued care. Often our therapists and rehabilitation physicians collaborate, resulting in enhanced communication and coordination of treatment goals.
Treatment, Technology & Research
At the hospital, we aim to in-time being long recognized as a pioneer in medical rehabilitation, we integrates the advanced treatment, proven therapies and technologies that benefit patient recovery.
Among the many advances available to appropriate patients are:
- Advanced Electrotherapeutic Modalities like TECAR Therapy, Low Level Laser Therapy, Shock Wave Therapy, Advanced TENS and ultra Sound units etc.
- Decompression Therapy of Spine (Advanced spinal traction unit)
- Underwater Treadmill and Bicycle
- Advanced Manual Therapy and mobilization techniques
- Dedicated separate male and female Gyms for Exercises and Group Exercises classes
Being a leader in the field of Rehabilitation, the hospital is committed to be pioneer in Research and Education. We are determined to be ‘The Education Hub’ in the field of Rehabilitation in the Middle-East especially in Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation field.
Studies show that patients treated in an acute rehabilitation hospital achieve better outcomes than those in other care settings.We will achieve in time a greater improvement during their stay and a higher level of functional independence upon discharge , based on national benchmark that measure criteria such as locomotion, cognitive ability and activities of daily living
Call us for any Inquiry